Jewish Education Project
A 4-part workshop webinar for educators in partnership with the Jewish Education Project. Learn how to engage in productive and positive arguments in your schools, organizations, and communities.
Date and Time
harness the educational power of healthy arguments
For the Sake of Argument invites you to learn the lost art form of engaging in a productive argument through stories directly or indirectly involving Israel. Learn a new approach to Israel education: one that leans into the arguments that arise when Israel’s complexities are addressed.
This 4-part workshop webinar is being offered in partnership with the Jewish Education Project, and provides a framework to engage in healthy arguments. The goal of the workshop is not to learn how to win an argument, but rather how to open oneself to and appreciate the positive outcomes of having this type of conversation. The most effective and honest way of learning about Israel’s arguments is by empowering the learner to join in.
Through this Program, You'll:
- Develop the skills to talk with people with whom you disagree
- Explore and grapple with other viewpoints and voices
- Deepen your understanding of yourself, others, and Israel
Jewish educators from across North America are invited to join this training series, where you'll have the chance to connect with colleagues, gain new skills, and explore how to work with arguments in your approach of Israel.
The sessions will include:
1. Engaging Through Argument or Consensus? | Through an in-depth exploration of healthy and unhealthy arguments, we'll lay the groundwork for a new model for engaging with Israel.
2. Stories for the Sake of Argument | We'll introduce specially-written stories, and begin to learn how to use these stories to engage with the complexity of Israel.
3. Stories for the Sake of Argument, Part 2 | We'll introduce a few new stories, and workshop different kinds of arguments that arise. Participants will be invited to practice what they’ve learned by presenting an argument story at home or at work before the final session.
4. Reflecting on Stories for the Sake of Argument | Participants will have the opportunity to share how their teaching went and will be given an opportunity to workshop and troubleshoot this new pedagogy together, developing a community of practice.
- Cohort 5: Tuesdays, 3/14, 3/21, 3/28 virtual 7:00 - 8:30 PM ET
- Cohort 6: Intensive in-person workshop, Wed, 3/15, 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM ET
Join Our List
Don’t miss out on our latest news, resources, and events.
We promise not to spam your inbox (but we might cause a few arguments...).